Tuesday 1 March 2016

Finding my feet

Well, here it is, my first ever blog post.

I must admit that I actually feel a little bit silly, a little bit full of self-doubt as I sit here at Number 15 watching the rain fall outside on a grey and gloomy day in East Anglia, I can't quite believe that anyone is actually going to want to read what I have to say.

The question is - what do I have to say?  Will anyone care? Well, I guess that is what we will find out, and I very much hope that this blog will give me the opportunity to find not only my feet, but also my voice, my words, my thoughts.

In this crazy life that I lead I hope that by blogging I can give myself the chance to sit still, to consider, to remember and to share it all with lots of other lovely people whose lives are (most likely) just as crazy as mine!

Here's a little bit about me; 

I have somehow made it to the vintage years of the mid (or late, if I'm honest) 30's whilst still feeling like I don't know much more than when I was 12. 

I live in the pocket-sized palace that is Number 15, with my less-than pocket sized man (let's call him The Big Guy), and three currently pocket-sized people; child 1, child 2 and child 3.  We share our already quite full palace with a sprocker called Daisy, and a brood of 8 chickens at the bottom of the garden, with ever-changing names whichever child you speak to!

I have a part-time community-based job that seems to take up an inordinate amount of time, for very little recompense, but which if I am honest I really do enjoy.  I love being part of a community, knowing the people who live around me and being able to make decisions that directly affect me and my life - in that sense I am very blessed.

My other, and definitely more important job is being a wife and mother.  I hope that I do a passable job at both of these things, but more often than not I worry that I don't.  I worry that I get it wrong, and I worry that the wrong decisions I make now will be important later on, but somehow despite all of that me and The Big Guy have managed to create three wonderful pocket-sized people who never fail to surprise and delight us....and if I am honest push us to our limits too!

Right now, if I want to enjoy myself I will; curl up with a good book (I'm just starting out on "The Versions of Us" - I'll let you know how it goes), do a bit of crochet (a new hobby which has been strangely addictive and which I now could not be without),  pound the local footpaths with Daisy, do some digging in my garden which I love, but I must admit gardening for me is more by luck than judgement at the moment, or I will just sit on the sofa with The Big Guy enjoying a glass of wine.

All in all, it sounds pretty good doesn't it?  So, that's the sound bite, that's my first ever blog post, now come with me on my new blogging journey and let's see what the reality is really like.....

I'd love to hear from you, and get to know who's out there.  Please feel free to message me, and I will be back soon with news from Number 15.

Much love,

SarahK.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment