Wednesday 9 March 2016

Stolen moments...

Hello again lovely peeps,

It's a very rainy March day and life continues apace here at Number 15, housework needs doing, the dishwasher needs to be emptied for the gazzillionth time, children 1 and 2 need help with homework, child 3 has something extremely important to tell me RIGHT NOW......every now and then it can all feel a little bit overwhelming!

Don't get me wrong, I know that one day, probably before I even notice it, my life will be too slow, too quiet and perhaps even a little bit lonely, but until that day takes me by surprise, I do sometimes long for a little bit of "me-time", I would like the opportunity to listen to the music I like, to actually finish the weekly crossword, or even to be able to pay attention to the person I am talking to on the other end of the phone.




And yet....when those rare moments do come for a sneaky five minutes of peace, I find it is almost impossible to let myself do any of these things that I have longed for, in fact I positively search out jobs that "need" to be done. Today, instead of sitting down with my cup of tea and enjoying a few pages of "The Versions of Us" I told myself that since I had a moment, it was only right to take the bin we use for food waste down to the compost bin...and whilst I was at it I might as well clean out the chicken coop.  Result? Empty food waste bin, clean chickens....cold cup of tea!

Cold tea, unfinished book...but lovely Mother's Day flowers!

So, I ask myself, when was the last time that I could do something for myself without feeling guilty, without feeling like I should be doing something else?  I simply can't remember!  The fact is I do get a lot done in a short amount of time, but on the other hand, the crossword is never finished, I can't manage more than one book a month, and as for painting my toenails....you've got to be joking!

I wonder, do any of you feel guilty if you take time for yourselves, and if so should we worry about it or should we just congratulate ourselves on everything that we have managed to fit it??  I would love to know what you think.

Anyway that's it for today - it sounds like the washing machine has finished....I'd better go load up the tumble dryer!

Much love, 

Sarah.x

No comments:

Post a Comment